Sergeant’s GUARDIAN® Flea & Tick Topical for Dogs
Looking for an effective and affordable way to protect your dog from fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes for up to 30 days? Get the easy-to-use, quick-drying topical preventive that’s also waterproof!
- Kills adult fleas and ticks
- Repels mosquitoes
- For dogs over 12 weeks of age
- Starts working on contact
- The package contains a 3-month supply
Sergeant’s®: Affordable Pet Care for Over 150 Years
For use on dogs and puppies 12 weeks of age and older and based on weight range shown on product label.
*Do not use on animals other than dogs as shown on product package.
Read the entire label carefully before using any product on your dog. For additional help or more information, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us at 1-800-224-7387.
If you’ve purchased Sergeant’s® for Dogs 7-33 lbs.:
Do not administer Sergeant’s® for Dogs to dogs weighing less than 7lbs. or under 12 weeks of age.
If you’ve purchased Sergeant’s® for Dogs 33-66 lbs.:
Do not administer Sergeant’s® for Dogs to dogs weighing less than 33lbs. or under 12 weeks of age.
If you’ve purchased Sergeant’s® for Dogs 66+ lbs.:
Do not administer Sergeant’s® for Dogs to dogs weighing less than 66lbs. or under 12 weeks of age.
How to Open:
How to Apply:
Hazards to Humans:
• Caution. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before reuse.
Hazards to Domestic Animals:
• FOR EXTERNAL USE ON DOGS ONLY: Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product on dogs. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Do not treat your dog with more than one pesticide product at a time. Overdosing your dog can result in serious illness and even death. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant, or nursing dogs. Consult a veterinarian before using on dogs with known organ dysfunction. If your dog is exhibiting signs of and/or is being treated for skin dermatitis, talk to your veterinarian before applying any topical flea and tick control product.
Physical or Chemical Hazards:
• Combustible. Do not use or store near heat or open flame.
Storage/Disposal of product
We recommend storing the product in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Do not refrigerate or store in direct sunlight.
If partly filled, contact your local waste agency for disposal instructions. Never placed unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain. If empty, place in trash or offer recycling if available.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the benefits of using this product?
How long will it take for this product to begin to work?
The product should begin to kill fleas within 24-48 hours but may take up to 72 hours to reach its full effectiveness.
What is the difference between this product and oral flea products?
This product is applied to your pet topically and kills fleas through contact with the product on your pet’s skin, so fleas don’t have to bite to die. With oral flea medications, fleas must bite your furry family member and be exposed to the medication in the pet before the fleas are killed.
Can I put a flea and tick collar on the dog after I have applied the squeeze-on?
No. This will put your pet at risk of an overdose of flea/tick product.
This flea product will kill fleas, flea eggs and larvae, and ticks for up to one month without any other additional flea products.
How do these products spread over a pet’s body? How long does this take?
This product is topical only and is dispersed over your furry family member’s body by the natural oils on their skin and attaches to the hair follicle. This process can take up to 24 hours.
How does this product work?
This product combines two active ingredients:
This combination plays a crucial role in existing infestations, because:
• In an existing infestation you might only be aware of the adult fleas, which only represent around 5% of the full infestation and are found on your furry family members.