Sergeant’s GOLD® Flea & Tick Shampoo for Dogs and Puppies, Green Tea & Ginger Scent
Wash away fleas and ticks during your dog’s next bath time and prevent reinfestations for up to 30 days.
- Kills fleas and ticks for up to 14 days
- Kills flea eggs for up to 30 days
- Clean, deodorize, and condition your dog’s coat
- pH balanced, non-staining formula
- For dogs 12 weeks and older
- Green Tea & Ginger scent
Sergeant’s®: Affordable Pet Care for Over 150 Years
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Read the entire label carefully before using any product on your dog. For additional help or more information, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us at 1-800-224-7387.
How to Apply:
1. Wet dog’s coat thoroughly.
2. Pour this product into the cup of your hand.
3. Starting at the head and working back, work up a lather with this quick lathering formula, being sure that the lather is worked thoroughly into the dog’s coat down to the skin.
4. Allow lather to stand five minutes, then rinse completely and towel dry.
It should not be necessary to repeat the shampoo application unless the animal is excessively dirty. Kills fleas fast and begins to kill ticks within 1 or 2 days; reaching maximum effectiveness in 7 to 10 days. Reapply every 30 days as needed. Do not apply to dogs and puppies less than 12 weeks old.
This product is intended for indoor use only. Application is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur. Do now allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
Consult a veterinarian before applying products on medicated, debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Sensitives may occur after using ANY pesticide products for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does this product kill?
This product provides three-way protection:
- Adult fleas
- Flea eggs
How does this product work?
This product combines two active ingredients:
- Permethrin attacks flea and ticks’ nervous systems – paralyzing and ultimately killing them
- Piperonyl Butoxide is a synergist that works with other pesticides to increase their effectiveness
- Pyriproxyfen is an insect growth regulator (IGR) that prevents flea eggs and larvae from maturing to adults
This combination plays a crucial role in existing infestations, because:
- In an existing infestation you might only be aware of the adult fleas, which only represent around 5% of the full infestation and are found on your furry family members.
- Immature flea life stages (flea eggs, larvae and pupae) which live in your furry family member’s environment consist of around 95% of the infestation and can be almost invisible to the naked eye.
- Insects have enzymes in their bodies that break down some insecticides. Piperonyl Butoxide stops some of these enzymes and allows the insecticides more time to work.
How long will it take for this product to begin to work?
The product should begin to kill fleas within 24-48 hours but may take up to 72 hours to reach its full effectiveness.
What is the difference between this product and oral flea products?
This product is applied to your pet topically and kills fleas through contact with the product on your pet’s skin, so fleas don’t have to bite to die. With oral flea medications, fleas must bite your furry family member and be exposed to the medication in the pet before the fleas are killed.
Can I put a flea and tick collar on the dog after I have applied the shampoo?
No. This will put your pet at risk of an overdose of flea/tick product. This flea product will kill fleas and ticks for up to 14 days without any other additional flea products.
I used another flea product and it is not working. How soon can I use Sergeant’s Gold?
Sergeant’s Gold Shampoo for Dogs can be applied AFTER the other product has been on the dog for 30 days.
Can I use this product on my dog while she is pregnant and /or nursing?
We recommend checking with your veterinarian before using this product.
Can I use the dog product on my cat, pet rabbit, guinea pig, ferret, etc.?
No. Do not use our flea products on any animal other than the one listed on the label.