Sergeant’s GOLD® Flea & Tick Shampoo for Cats & Kittens, Spring Freesia Scent
Wash away fleas and ticks during your cat’s next bath time and prevent reinfestations for up to 30 days.
- Kills flea eggs for up to 30 days
- Clean, deodorize, and condition your cat’s coat
- pH balanced, non-staining formula
- For cats 12 weeks and older
- Spring Freesia scent
Sergeant’s®: Affordable Pet Care for Over 150 Years
For use on cats and kittens 12 weeks of age and older.
*Do not use on animals other than as shown on product package.
Read the entire label carefully before using any product on your cat. For additional help or more information, our social care team is available to answer your questions Mon-Friday, 8am to 4pm CST. Or you can call us at 1-800-224-7387.
This product is only for use on cats and kittens over 12 weeks of age. Do not apply more than 2 fl. oz. per pet application. Shake well before using.
How to Apply:
1. Wet the cat’s coat thoroughly.
2. Pour Sergeant’s GOLD® Flea and Tick Shampoo for Cats & Kittens into the cup of your hand.
3. Starting at the head and working towards your cat’s back, work up a lather being sure that the lather is worked thoroughly into your cat’s coat down to the skin.
4. Next leave the shampoo on your cat for 5 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes, rinse the shampoo off thoroughly, patting your cat dry.
6. Reapply every 30 days as needed.
Note: Pets that actively groom or engage in close physical contact with treated cat(s) maybe at risk of serious harmful effects.
Hazards to Humans:
CAUTION: Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause skin allergic reactions in some individuals. Wear protective rubber gloves when applying this product. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after each use and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
Hazards to Domestic Animals:
FOR EXTERNAL USE ON CATS ONLY: Do not use on cats or kittens less than 12 weeks of age. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on medicated, debilitated, aged, pregnant, or nursing animals. Sensitivities may occur after using any pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
If in eyes:
• Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eyes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If on skin or clothing:
• Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may contact 1-800-781-4738 for emergency medical treatment information.
Storage/Disposal of product
We recommend storing the product in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Do not refrigerate or store in direct sunlight.
If partly filled, contact your local waste agency for disposal instructions. Never placed unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain. If empty, place in trash or offer recycling if available.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the benefits of using this product?
How long will it take for this product to begin to work?
The product should begin to kill fleas within 24-48 hours but may take up to 72 hours to reach its full effectiveness.
What is the difference between this product and oral flea products?
This product is applied to your pet topically and kills fleas through contact with the product on your pet’s skin, so fleas don’t have to bite to die. With oral flea medications, fleas must bite your furry family member and be exposed to the medication in the pet before the fleas are killed.
Can I put a flea and tick collar on the cat after I have applied the shampoo?
No. This will put your pet at risk of an overdose of flea/tick product. This flea product kills flea eggs and prevents reinfestation for up to 30 days without any other additional flea products.
Can you use oral flea & tick medications with this shampoo product?
No. This will put your pet at risk of an overdose of flea/tick product. This flea product is sufficient in killing fleas and ticks without any other additional flea products.
How does this product work?
This product combines these active ingredients:
This combination plays a crucial role in existing infestations, because:
• In an existing infestation you might only be aware of the adult fleas, which only represent around 5% of the full infestation and are found on your furry family members.